About

WMC's Identity Statement

"With our feet planted in our Anabaptist and Mennonite beginnings, we work to reach out with our hands to welcome and lift up all who come here. We encourage one another with the heart of Christ to learn and to grow in spiritual maturity, and to take amazing risks for God.

Whitewater Mennonite Church was established by immigrants fleeing persecution in Russia and Western Europe, searching for a place where they could worship without fear. They moved to Canada, many starting farms in the rural area. Originally settling around the village of Whitewater, as urbanization started to pick up steam in rural Manitoba, many moved their business to Boissevain. This led the village to die out, and all the businesses and the church moved to Boissevain.

1927

This building was built in June of 1960. This year we celebrate the 60th anniversary of the building of the current church.

The Congregation was getting too big for the church that they were using along with urbanization moving business flow towards Boissevain, so new locations were required for larger church.

Our previous building was located 2 miles east of Whitewater. It was built in 1939, and was used until the building of our current church and was known as "The Country Church". Previous to 1939, they used the stone church located in the village of Whitewater, built in 1925.

Stone Church

Located in Whitewater MB

Built in 1925, used until 1939

Country Church

Built in 1939, two miles east of Whitewater. It was used until 1960 when the current church in Boissevain was built. 

 

Interested in renting the building?  Contact Us

Our people

Pastor Wes, Heather, Maeve and Anais Goertzen

Pastoral Family

Matthew Heide

Leadership Chair 

Peter Neufeld

Church Treasurer

Edith Hammond

Equipping

Chris Neufeld

Fellowship

Andy Neufeld

Mission 

Lisa Heide

Worship 

 

Don Neufeld

Stewerdship 

TBD

Administrator